Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Day 143 Going Going Gull

I've always found photographing birds quite difficult, for one they move quite fast and for two it is a nightmare to meter them against the bright blue sky.
With today's image I've had to edit it quite a lot to bring the bird out, but I'm reasonably happy with the result, at low resolution anyway.

I believe this is a common gull, but I'm sure Mr King will be quick to correct me if I am wrong. 


So why a picture of a gull when I could be writing a blog about whats going on in the world right now? 
There is so much hatred and craziness going on right now, I'd prefer to just take stock and take some pleasure in the simple things in life, watching gulls glide on the updrafts, watching the small birds have a snack on the feeding station in the garden, or even just chilling with a cuppa watching some TV (not the news channels, I've had enough of that for now). So thats just what I'm going to do.

My only comment on what has been going on is a quote from Anthony de Mello, a Jesuit Priest, who said 'The nature of rain is the same, but it makes thorns grow in the marshes and flowers in the gardens'

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment