Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

Day 131 - Its all Grave-y

Graveyards have always fascinated me, they are naturally very tranquil, but I have no great desire  to end up in one permanently in the near future.
I'm quite old fashioned when it comes to graveyards, taking particular care to not stand on the graves, strange really as I'm sure the people down there don't really mind, but I do it none the less. I guess its the same as I always take my cap off if there is a hearse passing, or turn my music off for the same reason. Part of possibly harks back to my grandfathers funeral (the first one I attended) whereby it was a very traditional affair, and I still remember as we followed the hearse an elderly gentleman removed his cap, and stood very still. I remember asking my mother and father later on why he had done this as it stuck in my mind, and its something I have continued to do first.

There is a lot we can learn from our forefathers, and some traditions in my eyes are good to keep alive.


I'd be interested to hear what sort of little quirks my readers have... please feel free to get in touch.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment