Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Day 134 - 87 reasons to be happy.

Another day out on the golf course for me, this time at stocksfield which is a well kept course in south Northumberland right on the tyne valley. It's quite a short course with only one par 5 (which I parred) and 4 par 3's for a par of 69. I went round in 87 and only lost one ball. 
The one thing that mystified me is how 15 of the holes play uphill with only 3 playing downhill. Or at least that's how it felt. My worst hole of the day was the 16th as I was knackered and it played long into the wind and uphill. That said I still managed to escape with a 7 and then finished the round with 2 pars, hitting both greens in regulation including a sublime 6 iron from 180 yards into the 17th green which was left about 9 foot from the hole. Unfortunately a tricky downhill putt meant I missed my birdie opportunity and plodded onto the 18th tee. 
Still I. Each of my last 2 rounds I have managed 7 pars and today I managed to not have any melt downs! 

I love golf me and I also love www.teeofftimes.co.uk for making golf more affordable. 


Back to the grind tomorrow

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment