Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Day 58 - Foremidable

You may or may not have noticed that I have been a little down recently, however today I got to relax and get out on the Golf course with a couple of the guys from work.
I don't play as much Golf as  I would like to but I do generally find it a very relaxing past time, and it generally gives me some time to take stock and re-evaluate things. Today was no different.
It was touch and go if we would get to play today, but thankfully even though we couldn't get onto the course we had booked, we did manage to get a round in on the Priestman course at Slaley Hall. If you are a golfer then I cannot recommend the 2 courses at DeVere Slaley Hall enough. Both offer very different challenges.
This morning there was a deep frost, and one of our biggest challenges was being able to see through the mist far enough to see where our balls had gone, that said, we somehow managed and a good day was had by all. The scoring wasn't fantastic but I can say I was very happy with breaking 100, this is generally my target whenever I step onto a golf course, so job done today!

This is the view we had on the first course before the mist descended.


Slaley offers some amazing views across the Northumberland countryside, so even if you aren't a golfer, its well worth just taking in some of the woodland works.

Massive Thanks to Paul King for arranging the golf for me,

Thanks

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment