Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

Day 33 - Back from Beyond

So by now you probably have a pretty good idea of how this blog is going to go, there will be a lot of me talking absolute nonsense, a little bit of me putting myself out there to be judged, a whole lot of whining and moaning, and even a little bit of humour.
You probably also have a pretty good idea of what I as a person am about, so today's blog is back to one of those recurring themes. This time its family again, with a little bit of lego thrown in.

Yesterday whilst shopping I spotted a total lego bargain, so I just had to buy it, what can I say I am a total schmuck for a lego bargain. Now this was pretty early in the morning but I somehow managed to wait all day until Erin got in from School to start building it. I was really looking forward to building with some assistance from Erin, well that didn't go exactly to plan. Erin built the whole bleeding thing. So I am now pretty much redundant as a dad. I am however so very glad that I was able to wait as that meant today I was really able to appreciate how much it meant to me.
As you may or may not be aware, I now work 12 hour shifts, which on the upside means I get half the year off, it does however mean there is half the year where i pretty much don't get to see my daughter. So today I left for work without seeing her, got to work and looked at my phone and she had sent me a message from her ipod saying "My heart is broken when you are gone" complete with about 5 heart Emoticons and 1 broken heart emoticon. Now as you can imagine that made me feel amazing as a father. But then it made me appreciate the time I had spent with her yesterday encouraging her to build the lego, and playing with the completed toy with her.

So today's picture is the said lego toy.....


Oh yeah, thats the other thing, today is another one of those days where because of the 12 hour shifts I look for something around the house to shoot.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment