Pages

Friday 23 August 2013

Day 235 - 20 years on....

So 20 years ago today I started a journey that has led to where I am today, skint, miserable and overweight! I joke, 20 years ago today my soulmate agreed to go on a date with me, and the rest as they say is history.

We've had some amazing times together in the last 20 years, and as with all relationships we've had our share of troubles, but we always come out the other side (and would like to think we do so stronger).

However there is one thing that we did just under 8 years ago that is the best thing we have ever done. I won't go into the gory details, but needless to say 9 months later Christine had a bigger belly than I ever will (hopefully) and then along came our little angel (or devil depending on her mood).

This afternoon we went to see her perform at the end of a weeks summer school dancing with the Milly Performance Academy. I couldn't have been prouder, she delivered her lines with gusto and sang her heart out. Earlier in the week when parts were dished out no-one wanted to play Tracey's mum in what was quite an important role. So Erin gave up the role she had chosen and took this undesirable role. I personally think she did it only so she could sing the line ' you can't stop my knife and fork when I see that Christmas ham'.

Anyway here is my favourite picture of her performance today.


So here's to the next 20 years with my amazing wife, and our legacy!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment