Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Day 223 Road to nowhere

First proper family day out of the summer holidays today. Where all 3 of us could get out and about. So off we headed to the roman land of housesteads.

I've long liked pictures of vanishing points and the old military road gives opportunity for such a shot. So I jumped out the car and proceeded to take such a shot, before realising my camera was without memory card, and I had only brought my small bag with me, with all my memory cards in the large bag. Oh well we weren't out to create a photography exhibition.
I grabbed my phone and took this shot.


After spending some time at housesteads we headed over to Allen banks for a walk along the river. It started to rain as we arrived so we sat in the car and ate our picnic. The sun came out tempting us out the car, but we quickly got soaked, and with the addition of a daddy detour found ourselves clambering up a 20ft muddy bank. It all just adds to the experience really.

Quiet couple of days coming up before we head to Scotland for 4 nights.

Have a good Monday folks.

Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment