Pages

Saturday 13 July 2013

Day 194 - Golfing at Turnberry


What an amazing afternoon with my Dad. For his birthday (in May) and his Fathers day gift I told him I would take him for a round of golf. So because it was for both I booked us up for the Kintyre Course at Turnberry (British Open Qualifier course this year) as a special treat. It was a gift for my father but it would have been rude to not play myself as well.

So it was with a small amount of trepidation and a large amount of excitement that we tee'd up on the first hole at just after 3:20 pm this afternoon and set out to tackle the Wilds of South Ayrshire. 

Just over four hours later and a couple of golf balls lighter (although not as many as I thought I would lose) we finished. Both carding very respectable scores, and knowing exactly where we could have picked up more strokes without too much difficulty, we walked off the course knowing that we had played well, enjoyed each others company and had fun. 

This picture is of my father Teeing off with Ailsa Craig in the background, the scenery throughout the course was spectacular and just added to the whole experience.

Happy Golfing!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment