Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

Day 156 Clubbing Away

Today was the day that I joined a golf club and started my quest to gain a golfing handicap. 
Yes I know some of my followers are fans of golf, but suck it, it's my blog and I love playing golf!
Today was another good golfing day and I have joined Longhirst Hall Golf Club, just outside Morpeth. It has 36 holes which in the summer is configured into 2 very different courses, The lakes, which I played today and The Dawson, which I am playing tomorrow. In the winter the course is shortened to 18 holes known as the Old course. This is one of the many reasons I chose longhirst, it's a great place and very friendly. The course is constantly evolving and hopefully I will be a member for a long time. 


The highlight of today for me was my 2 birdies on 2 of the par 5's. The second of which saw me hit my shot of the day, a 125 yard 9 iron to about 4 feet and then sank the putt for the birdie!

I'm off to play again tomorrow but will try to do a non golf style photo tomorrow.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment